Willie Mae's Scotch House - Seventh Ward New Orleans, LA


It comes down to this, people flock to Willie Mae's Scotch House for what they call "America's Best Fried Chicken" and I wanted to try some.

The line here are crazy and at any given time during open hours, you will see a line stretched out the door. I wasn't in the mood to be waiting like
that, so I squeezed my way inside to place my order to go. Inside the small space of the restaurant it was packed to the brim with dining patrons. 

Once I finally got home and popped open my box of chicken, I was glad to see the pieces of beautifully fried, crispy and juicy chicken. The seasoning was amazing, the only problem was, like much of the food in New Orleans, it was overly salty making it hard to enjoy. The same went for the French Fries.

I ordered Corn Bread Muffins on the side and those too failed to pizazz. They were too dry for me.

In the end, I was so disappointed in what I had hoped would be the best chicken ever. I am not sure where people find this to be the best (I have had better), but to each it's own. Take away all the salt and you might have a point.



Willie Mae's Scotch House
2401 St Ann St New Orleans, LA 70119
(504) 822-9503
Willie Mae's Scotch House on Urbanspoon