Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop & Pub - Metairie, LA



I drive past Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop practically everyday and it made no sense that I never stopped in to eat, so I stopped to eat.

Even though the restaurant is referred to as a stop, despite the small size, the restaurant is suitable for comfortable dining-in. Also, the fact the Chef Ron, the chef and owner, comes out to personally greet and talk to every single guest makes it more homely than a pit stop off of the highway.


We were hungry, so we decided to order an appetizer. I have seen Boudin Balls on many menus in New Orleans but never tried them, so I finally decided to take the leap and order them. They are balls made of ground pork and seasoning and I loved them (its hard not to love freshly fried anything).


I love me some gumbo but I wanted to see what else Chef Ron offered, so I ordered the Bayou Scampi. It was full or flavor and tasty however I am not one for greasy food so that bothered me a little but honestly it is scampi so it is hard not to expect that, besides a little greasy never hurt anybody (at least until the heart attack).


My boyfriend had the Southern Fried Chicken. It was good but not great. This probably wouldn't be the best choice for this restaurant. He ordered the Jambalaya on the side. He didn't like it. It wasn't bad but just had way too much tomato and was a little overcooked for my liking.


Although I did not initially order the Gumbo, I decided to order some to take home and eat later. I choose the Mumbo Gumbo and can I say that it was so delicious and amazing. The flavoring was outstanding! I know that the proximity of the restaurant is going to make this my number one spot for gumbo.


The food at Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop is good but if you really want to be impressed please get the gumbo.


Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop
2309 N Causeway Blvd Metairie, LA 70001
(504) 835-2022
www.gumbostop.com
Chef Ron's Gumbo Stop & Pub on Urbanspoon