The Joint (Always Smokin') - Bywater - New Orleans, LA


Memorial Day is an extremely important day, since it is one that is dedicated to remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. However, it is also a day for beaches and barbeque. Being away from Florida, I was missing out on the beach, but this is New Orleans, so there was no reason to miss out on some barbeque. I did some research and it led me to The Joint.

With a name like The Joint, I was excited and expectations were high. The restaurant is located in Bywater and on the outside isn't very fancy, and the inside isn't fancy either, but its a barbeque joint and with fun decor and picnic tables as seating, you feel relaxed eating there and hanging out for a little while.



In any case, the food was gone with the wind fabulous! My mom was in town and we both ended up having the Pulled Pork since the Chicken she really wanted was out. The pork was deliciously smoked and tender. In three words - slow roasted, seasoned and savory! The sauce came on the side; there was 3 options. For my sides I had the Mac & Cheese and Coleslaw. The Mac & Cheese was good and so was the Coleslaw. I liked the Coleslaw because it wasn't doused in mayo and you could actually taste the vegetables. My mom had the Mac & Cheese also and the Baked Beans which she thought were really amazing!




My boyfriend ordered the half-rack of Ribs and loved it! The meat had that yummy smoked flavor and was very tender and juicy but not overcooked to the point where they were falling off the bone. It is the kind of great ribs you expect in the South.




The food was scrumptious, the prices affordable and the portions more than one can handle. I want more, I want more!!!




The Joint
701 Mazant St New Orleans, LA 70117
(504) 949-3232
alwayssmokin.com
The Joint on Urbanspoon