The Flaming Torch - Uptown - New Orleans, LA


The Flaming Torch is a casually elegant restaurant located just steps from historic Magazine Street that serves a nice selection of French inspired dishes.


My boyfriend and I made reservations at the restaurant for a early date night dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were greeted by a nice gentleman who was also our server. Upon seating us, we were presented with the drink menu. While looking over the wine list, I noted that there were a few bottles that were reasonably priced. I will admit I have drank an entire bottle of wine by myself but since my boyfriend isn't one for wine (and I didn't want to get drunk at a restaurant), I opted with just a glass of Merlot. With French cuisine, you may not be looking to pair with beer, but that is an option.



Our very attentive server went over all the specials with us and hyped the French Onion Soup they are famous for so I decided to give it a try. It was divine but way too cheesy. The cheese was clumping and could have become a choking hazard if I was not careful but by eating around some of the cheese, I was able to enjoy it.



For my main course, I had the Scallops with Chimichurri Sauce and Corn Hash. The scallops were perfectly pan seared and when paired with the sauce and hash it was a heavenly dish I could eat over and over again.



My boyfriend had Filet Mignon with Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus. He ordered it medium but it was actually cooked medium well. Despite that the meat was still tender and juicy. He loved it and talked about wanting to come back.



Although not on the menu, they have dessert options. My boyfriend is obsessed with Bread Pudding so we shared one. He thoroughly enjoyed it but since it is not a dessert I love I found the sauce to be the main draw of the dessert. It was a decent bread pudding.


I may have gone at a great or bad time (depending on how you see it), because the place was empty but as a result the I found the service and atmosphere were excellent. It was a bit pricey but the food was fantastic so money ain't a thang.



The Flaming Torch
737 Octavia St New Orleans, LA 70115
(504) 895-0900
www.flamingtorchnola.com
Flaming Torch on Urbanspoon