China Rose - Metairie, LA


What do you do when it is one of those lazy days, the weather sucks, it is raining hard and you are hungry? I don't know what you do, but I order Chinese takeout for delivery. I did a little searching and came up with China Rose.

I couldn't seem to find a menu, so I called to see if they had one online. The person on the phone kindly gave me their website address which for some odd reason didn't pop up in the search. In any case, I scanned the menu and saw that the first three pages of the menu were pretty typical but the fourth page was listed as the Authentic Chinese Menu. I figured it would probably be best to order off this menu, so I ended up choosing and selecting the China Rose Special Duck. The duck was really good; the meat was tender and the flavor was nice (although I would have liked a little more spice). The only thing I didn't like was that the skin was still attached and I am not a fan of the fatty thick skin of duck (especially when it's not crispy and fried).



The American in me wanted to try something off of their regular menu, so I ordered the Combination Fried Rice to go with my meal. It was pretty good for takeout standards and I would have no problem ordering it again.



I was not only satisfied with the food but also satisfied with service. Ordering on the phone was easy, the food came pretty fast and the gentleman that brought the food was a surprisingly cherry fellow. China Rose was a saving grace on an otherwise lackluster day.


China Rose
3501 N Arnoult Rd Metairie, LA 70002
(504) 887-3295
www.chinaroseno.com
China Rose on Urbanspoon