Mojitos Rum Bar & Grill - French Quarter New Orleans, LA



Although only a short distance from the French Quarter, Frenchman Street is like stepping into a different realm. It's only two-blocks long but full of life and non-stop entertainment and on any given day of the week, you can hear the live sounds of reggae to Latin to blues.

Frenchman Street Art Market

To kick off a night on Frenchman Street, it's best to do so on a full stomach so stopped into Mojitos Rum Bar and Grill on the edge of Frenchman Street for dinner and a warm up to a night out on the town.

Just like a lot of the other places in the area, Mojitos has their own live entertainment and if u stay late enough on Saturdays a Latin music party. All of this takes place on their beautiful patio but you also do have the option of indoor dining but I highly recommend that you do not do that. Even consider sitting at their large outdoor bar before doing that.


Going to a place called Mojitos means you have to get a Mojito. Due to their namesake, they have plenty of options from specialty drinks to the typical fruit flavor kind. I started off with The Frenchman which was amazing and thank fully strong.


Later on, I decided to get another drink and selected the Ultimate Mojito. I know it said mint syrup and I don't know what I was thinking but it was the ultimate fail. It tasted just like syrup, medicine syrup. If you 'bout that sizzrup, this may be the drink for you.


We order the Jerk Chicken Skewer as a starter and it was so unbelievable delicious! Do you know how hard it is to go to a place that doesn't specialize in Jamaican food and for them to actually get it right? The flavors were on point and the spice level was beyond expectations. To offset the spicy factor, the blackberry brandy sauce added just the right touch.


There are only four choices for main dishes, but they all sounded so good, I still had a hard time deciding. I ended up ordering the Aruba Scallop. It came with grits and I am actually NOT a fan of grits but these were well flavored and a great compliment to the delicate and well cooked and prepared scallops. A dish like this has potential to lack flavor, but it was really good and had a nice kick to it.


My boyfriend ordered the Lechon Asado or as the menu states, citrus marinated roasted Kurobota pork belly. The meal was served with rice and beans. He thought it was really good taste wise, but was disappointed in the portion size which I guess was a little small but I was full after eating my meal.


I was very satisfied with the food, service, atmosphere and entertainment. It is a great place to hang out, to drink or eat food. It's a great place period. I will be back.



Mojitos Rum Bar & Grill
437 Esplanade Ave New Orleans, LA 70116
(504) 252-4800
www.mojitosnola.com
Mojitos Rum Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon