Mr B's Bistro - French Quarter - New Orleans, LA


We arrived at Mr B's Bistro without a reservation and although the restaurant was packed. The girls at the front were very nice and we were seated within 15 minutes after a wait at the bar. I was a little disappointed that we were seating in the back of the restaurant and could not see the Jazz performance but towards the end of the meal, the Trio came to the back to perform for us who weren't fortunate to be seated in the front. In the end, I liked that we were seating in the back, it was a lot calmer and quiet.


I started with a Crescent City Cooler (guava rum, ginger ale, lime, sugar & bitters) which was very refreshing and light. Our server had seemed to have forgotten about it so I had to wait awhile for it, but other than that, he was very professional, gracious and attentive.


I ordered their signature dish, Mr. B's Barbequed Shrimp. It was so good! The shrimp were huge and the sauce was delish. I only wish I had more French Bread to sop up all the sauce.


My mom ordered the Blackened Gulf Fish (Redfish) with parsley potatoes and string beans. It was perfectly cooked and palatable but a bit too salty.


My boyfriend ordered the Petit Filet Mignon & Truffled Eggs with garlic potato rounds. He more than love it. The steak was perfect, the only problem was he wanted more.


For dessert we ordered the Bread Pudding. This was one of the better tasting ones I have ever had. Although an Irish Whiskey Sauce is poured across the top, it was was not doused it in, allowing the quality of the bread pudding to shine rather then break down from being soaked.


We also order the Tres Leches Cake. It was good but the Bread Pudding was a way better choice.


Brunch at Mr B's Bistro is a great way to enjoy a Sunday: good food, family, and some lively jazz. 


Mr B's Bistro
201 Royal St New Orleans, LA 70130
(504) 523-2078
www.mrbsbistro.com
Mr B's Bistro on Urbanspoon