Elizabeth's Restaurant - Bywater - New Orleans, LA


What's for breakfast? Elizabeth's I say. I had heard about their famous Praline Bacon and I needed try it so I made my way to Bywater to get it.

Entering the restaurant made me go back into time when I was kid eating at my grandma's house. There were a lot of colorful artworks on wall and cute cherry covered table cloths on the tables. It was bright inside and open with ample seating.



Our server was okay; I wish she was a little more cherry and didn't forget the bacon I ordered. I had eating half way through my meal before I realized, I was not going to get my Praline Bacon and had to ask for it. It was good but not for those who do not like sweets. The issue with me loving it was the fact that it wasn't fresh and was just sitting around and bacon just isn't great like that.

The meal I order was off their daily specials menu (which was posted on the wall). I can't remember what it was called, but I am just going to go with Sombrero Burrito. It was a tortilla stuffed with eggs, bacon and sausage. It was an interesting concept but the sweetness of the maple syrup on top just threw things off for me.


My friend had the Veggie Omelet which seemed to be good.


My other friend ordered the French Toast but with the Banana Foster's on the side.


I will admit that I am not a lover of breakfast foods (I hate eggs) but as a lover of Bacon, the fact that they offer Praline Bacon give them some contention when it comes to Breakfast.




Elizabeth's Restaurant
601 Gallier St New Orleans, LA 70117

(504) 944-9272
www.elizabethsrestaurantnola.com
Elizabeth's Restaurant on Urbanspoon