Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar - Seattle, WA


Seattle is a is a large city with a lot to see, eat and do and in your case that may very well include people (for me it didn't). 

As a tourist, most if not all of your time will be spend Downtown. That is where the Pike Place Market is located, most shops, and the waterfront.


If you are a hippie, bohemian or just straight up weirdo, you will love Freemont.


As popular as downtown is, you can't go to Seattle without a visit to Queen Anne/South Lake Union, even if it is just for the Space Needle. During my stay in Seattle this is the area where I resided. 


My first day in the city was a pretty long one, so I wanted to have dinner at a place that was nearby and ended up finding a gem called Seastar Seafood Restaurant and Raw Bar.


Without a reservation, my boyfriend and I were seated in the bar which was no problem since some place try to just kick you out without one. We were hungry so we ordered a starter, but my boyfriend doesn't really do the raw thing, so we started with the Fireworks Roll. We both thoroughly enjoyed it. The rice and fish were yummy and more importantly fresh.


My boyfriend ordered the Cedar Plank Roasted Wild NW King Salmon and it was fabulous! It came with citrus rice but he was afraid the citrus would be too much so he substituted for mashed potatoes. The sides were fine just not all that impressive but the salmon was outstanding. It was cooked just right, seasoned just right, was just right!


I ordered the Seafood Cappellini, mostly because I wanted Penn Cove mussels and Manila clams and this was the best way to be able to order both. The saffron creme was great but the seafood spoke for this dish. I love, love, loved the Penn Cove mussels!


I would have ordered dessert but our waiter went MIA towards the end of the meal and when he finally came to our table he simply handed us the bill and walked away with no mention of a dessert menu so we missed out on that, but as long as that waiter didn't exist, I would wholeheartedly recommend Seastar for superb, fresh seafood.



Seastar Restaurant and Raw Bar