The Pike Pub and Brewery - Seattle, WA


After a 5 hour flight, bus to rental facility, and enduring a long line/process to get the rental car, my boyfriend and I finally made our way into the city and we were famished. Not knowing anything about the city, we headed to Pike Place Market with hopes of finding something to eat. Not knowing who, what or where we asked the guy at the information booth to lead us to a locals spot where we could get a beer and some fish. He recommended that we go to The Pike Pub and Brewery since they specialize in beer and the best Fish and Chips.


It was right around the corner from where we were, so that was a plus to my hungry tummy. My tummy was a little pissed though that there was a small wait when get there and talked my head off the entire time. While we waited for our table to be called I observed the restaurant and the impression I got was that it was reminiscent of a chain restaurant. I know that it isn't but it just felt like a BJ's Brewhouse not a local spot.


It is a brewery so I wanted to try a sample of their beers and ordered their flight. Obviously some I liked and some I didn't (based on personal preference) but this is definitely the way to go on a first visit.


My boyfriend ordered the recommended Pike Halibut and Chips. It was pretty tasty mostly due to the quality of the fish. The Kimchi coleslaw was noteworthy too.


I had the Wild Salmon Sandwich. The fish was cooked amazingly. I also appreciate that the lemon caper aioli wasn't too tart or overpowering. I didn't however find the salted bun necessary when paired with salty potato chips.


At the end of the meal, my conclusion was that the food was solid and overall The Pike is a good introduction to tourist of the city. If that is not reason enough surely the beers will be!



The Pike Pub and Brewery